Coast Lifestyles Network Covid 19 Response
I want to reach out to all of our clients to let you know about our particular response to the present pandemic. Terri and I are taking our cues from the WHO, and locally, the Coast Garibaldi Health Unit. There is also a group of local doctors who are posting in the Sunshine Coast Reporter on line page. The latter has been keeping the Coastal public informed with accurate information! Check out www.coastreporter.net and follow the link. We also have our real estate regulatory bodies, industry organizations and ReMax Western Canada providing cues on how to interact in person and out in public.
- It is unlikely we will need to meet in person over the next week but, if we do, you can count on Terri and I to be there for you. Just expect an elbow or toe bump in greeting instead of our usual handshake and hug.
- There are many options available to deal with signing documents and viewing homes. Electronic signatures are just fine for anything but actual completion (you will have to visit your notary or lawyer in person)
- Viewing homes by video meeting is another option some folks are using. Don’t be afraid to reach out and ask about a property if you have questions.
- The market seems to be taking this disruption in stride. Prices are stable, and offers are being made. Folks are completing and taking possession during this time as well.
- There are some amazing deals for financing with 5-year fixed-term rates as low as 2.7%. I have seen 10-year fixed rates being offered in the low 3’s. As strange as it may sound, if you are looking to buy, now is most definitely a time in which you can get excellent financing terms. We will even see a slight relaxation to the Federal Stress Test for mortgage applications that occur on April 6.
- During this unprecedented time, our family is enjoying our self-isolation by catching up on work, honing our hobbies, getting into the garden and enjoying some yoga, meditation and exercising. Without trying to sound patronizing, please enjoy each moment and don’t overlook the positives that this “occasion” can present. I think we all might just surprise ourselves and come out better on the other side of this thing!!!!
We will follow up as things change in our effort to keep you informed. Don’t be afraid to reach out to Terri or myself at any time!